Thursday, May 1, 2008

Beautiful Tuscany

We began our journey in Vinci, as in Leonardo "di Vinci." We visited two museums there, it was fun to see a lot of Leonardo's inventions. They were things that he had drawn and someone had created from the drawings.


The first museum was cool, kind of cave-like.

One of the flying machines.


One last visit to the leaning tower.


Florence was our next stop. This is the huge cathedral there.


We also visited Michelangelo's David, an awesome sight. We were not allowed to take pictures, but here is a picture of a copy that is in a piazza outside the Uffizi Gallery.



We went to Siena, which we loved!



We also loved San Gimingano. Sydney was able to ger her favorite strawberry gelato.



Matt was able to get a couple of scoops from the Gelato World Champion 06/07 gelateria.


I thought I'd finish with a picture of the beautiful Tuscan countryside.

2 comments:

Peg and Her Story said...

looks like a fabulous way to end your tour here!

Lexi said...

This is so gorgeous! I want to get down there before we leave now lol.