Friday, May 9, 2008

The Big Move Update

So everything out of the house is gone. Matt has been working his tail off for many days now cleaning and getting ready for us to check into the hotel. In some ways it feels like we just arrived in Italy and in other ways it feels like we've been here for a very long time. Our movers were very nice, three were from Romania, one from Italy. They were friendly and good workers. They had us all packed up and loaded in 1 1/2 days, which is simply amazing to me! I'm not sure how many crates we ended up having, coming over we had 7. I know we went over that, yesterday alone they loaded up 6. But I'm sure we are still way under our 16,000 + lb. allotment. Matt was joking with the guys that about 2,000 lbs of that was dishes. I was laughing, ha, ha, ha, and the one guy who packed most of it said, "Yeah, that's about right, 2,000 lbs." Oops! Well, it's nice to have the house packed up, now we need to clean the beast, UGH!

8 comments:

Peg and Her Story said...

2000 pounds of dishes!! Good job! I'm sure you're happy to see the moving thing wind down!

Lexi said...

It is amazing how fast it all adds up huh? I am sure you were fine on poundage. We are really sad to see you go. We have been together 2 years. But such is the military way of life :( Let me know if you need help cleaning or anything. If you want a meal while in the hotel, you are more than welcome to come over.

NATTRESS FAMILY NEWS said...

Wow, only 2000 lbs? I recall shopping with you a few times and thought there had to be more!! It will be great to be out of the house and in the hotel (finished with cleaning!). Happy Birthday, Becky!!!!

Nancy said...

Wow, that's a lot of dishes. At least they're sentimental and Italian. Nothing but the best eh? Can't stand it that you're leaving.

Janan said...

Wow. I obviouslt didn't do enough dishes shopping. We are constantly asking ourselves why we didn't get this or that while we were still there. Cleaning, gag. the inspection always stresses me out! We are rubbing our hands with glee...to see you....not in evil intent. smooch!!!!

Terrilee said...

gosh I miss you guys! Hope to see an update on how you all are doing soon.

Nancy said...

Are you guys alive? Hope all is well and you're getting settled!

The Long Family said...

I can't believe you guys are back in the States! What did the kids think about coming home? Please send me your address and phone #, I would love to talk with you.:)