Saturday, September 20, 2008

O.C. Tanner Gift of Music Concert



Last night Matt and I were able to attend our first event at the Conference Center. Wow, it was incredible. Andy had gotten tickets and invited us to go with him and Emily. The Conference Center is huge and so nice!




We made it to our seats and were chatting along with everyone else, and suddenly just before the concert was to begin, it was quiet and everyone stood. President Monson was walking to his seat. It was so cool to be there, I get chills just thinking about it. We loved the concert, the theme was "An American Songbook" so it was very patriotic. It made me remember how truly grateful I am to be back in the United States. When the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang "Come, Come Ye Saints" accompanied by the Utah Symphony, I had goosebumps. Brian Stokes Mitchell and Denyce Graves were guests as well as Guest Conductor Erich Kunzel, the conductor of the Cincinatti Pops. Mitchell has an INCREDIBLE voice- we really enjoyed him. And as an added joy for Matt the encore number was "The Battle Hymn of the Republic." Our "Grand Finale" was Cheesecake Factory for dinner (at 10pm) YUMMY!!!!

4 comments:

Lexi said...

how blessed you are to live in Utah! Sounds liek you guys had fun and the Cheesecake Factory?!? SO Jealous!

Lexi said...

how blessed you are to live in Utah! Sounds liek you guys had fun and the Cheesecake Factory?!? SO Jealous!

Julie said...

glad that you guys are settling in. with that I could be there for a minute or two. but then i'd be ready to come back. i guess i haven't had enough of italy yet.

Terrilee said...

Oh Becky! You've been TAGGED :) Check out my blog for the RULES of the game! :) We MISS YOU!!!